Audio Is Jumping For No Reason

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Oven Soup

Audio Is Jumping For No Reason

Post by Oven Soup » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:51 am

Hello,

I am currently mixing a track and for some reason, the audio keeps jumping an almost full 2 to 3 DB for no apparent reason. I am currently sitting around -6 DB and it will jump to -4 DB. If I solo all the tracks individually, there is no audio jump, but when I play them all at once, there is. Even if I turn down the volumes on each (I have even turned them all down to -20 DB just to see what would happen) and it still jumps to -5 to -4 DB. Even if I mute the tracks, one by one, still there is a jump. I have used another master volume meter plugin and it is showing the jump too. But there is nothing I can hear that is making that such a drastic jump. The rest of the song does not have this problem, it is just a split second of one part that makes this jump. There are only six channels, all are just one steady drone (is a noise/ drone track). I have even resorted to putting a little CD skip effect to cut out the section of the song that has the jump, yet it is still there. The weirdest part of it all is, if I move the same parts of the audio that are supposedly causing this jump, it does not cause a jump at the section where I moved them to. But the section of the song that they were originally at, still has the jump. This issue is making me punch holes in my drywall.

Any idea what is going on? Should I just ignore it and move on as if it is not there? Been trying to figure this problem out to no avail for the past couple of days.

Thank ya kindly truckers!