wavetable wavefrom jump bug

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ragrag

wavetable wavefrom jump bug

Post by ragrag » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:26 pm

Hello, I am encountering what I think is a bug on ableton live 11 on windows 10.

When using the wavetable synth, after sometime, the shape of the waveform will start jumping for no reason.
What I mean if for example in basic shape I have the waveform on sinewave, when I play a note the waveform will change to something between triangle and sawtooth wave. on the waveform visualizer I will see this when I play : the waveform I have selected change to gray and the new waveform that is actually playing appear in yellow temporarly. This waveform appear to be always the same distance above the wavefrom I selected myself, meaning if I displace the selected waveform the new waveform being played move the same amount.
This doesn't happen right away, it will happen some time after I created the wavetable track, with no apparent reason.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

Thanks for the help

crazygoji2

Re: wavetable wavefrom jump bug

Post by crazygoji2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:35 pm

i'm having the same problem, but only if im importing midi data. if i make new data from scratch on the same track it's fine. im trying to collaborate with a friend

yur2die4

Re: wavetable wavefrom jump bug

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:01 am

Maybe your modwheel is glitching out on your keyboard? Does modwheel control the wavetable position?