Need help setting my keyboard for Live 11

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BruhMoment

Need help setting my keyboard for Live 11

Post by BruhMoment » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 pm

Hey! I'm new to Live so excuse my lack of knowledge. I was wondering how I can set up my keyboard (Casio CT-X700) in Live. I have managed to set it as an input in Preferences, but it stops there - I can see Live receiving signals when i push the buttons on my keyboard but the sounds still only come from my keyboard and not in Live. For now I have used a USB B - USB A from my keyboard to computer. It also doesn't show up in Control Surface - does it have to? As mentioned I am new to this and my music production terminology is bad but I will try my best to understand your answers.

Keyboard: https://www.casio-europe.com/no/produkt ... s/ct-x700/

Thank you in advance :)

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Need help setting my keyboard for Live 11

Post by [jur] » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:20 pm

There's no Casio Control Surface script, but it's not a requirement. Control Scripts offer deeper automatic integration with Live (e.g instant control over Macros etc...), but to play virtual instruments midi notes are enough and in this case you just need to make sure that your Casio's midi input port is active.
To hear some sound you need to insert an instrument on a midi track (either a built-in Live device like Operator, Wavetable etc...) or a 3rd party synth/sampler plugin, and arm that track.

Have a look here for video tutorials.
Ableton Forum Moderator

BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:30 pm

[jur] wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:20 pm
There's no Casio Control Surface script, but it's not a requirement. Control Scripts offer deeper automatic integration with Live (e.g instant control over Macros etc...), but to play virtual instruments midi notes are enough and in this case you just need to make sure that your Casio's midi input port is active.
To hear some sound you need to insert an instrument on a midi track (either a built-in Live device like Operator, Wavetable etc...) or a 3rd party synth/sampler plugin, and arm that track.

Have a look here for video tutorials.
I have set my input to Casio USB-MIDI and selected Track and Remote but nothing happens. Went on my Casio keyboard to MIDI settings and turned it to Local OFF. I then tried to switch my Driver Type from MME/DirectX to ASIO, but now I can't hear any sound from MIDI. Tried to switch back and could hear sounds again but now I can't play any sounds with my typing-keyboard either even though Live registers an input.

BruhMoment

Post by BruhMoment » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:15 pm

Nevermind I'm so fucking stupid. Forgot to arm my track...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:39 am

Sounds like a bruh moment to me.

8)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:08 pm

:)