Ableton Live 11.1 - Stability, CPU, bugs and stuff...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
signal_dept

Re: Ableton Live 11.1 - Stability, CPU, bugs and stuff...

Post by signal_dept » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:35 am

twolegstoneworks wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:29 am
I've just submitted a report of the LFO device not working in 11.1 on Windows 10. It loads fine, but it cant map to anything...

Can anyone else confirm this?
I've been having the same issue since the 11.1 update. Also on Windows 10. In addition, all instances of LFO in existing projects seem to have unmapped from their destinations.

ronzoni

Post by ronzoni » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:02 am

In Live 11.1, my Audio Output Device list has duplicates and is missing outputs.

Here is a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zml49rue4mzuc ... s.png?dl=0

You can see in the screenshot my Scarlett Interface is missing, and my SP404 appears multiple times. Sometimes my Scarlett Interface appears multiple times, if it does and I select one the wrong one, Ableton crashes.

I still have Live 11.0.12, and if I run it, I always see the correct list. And I have never seen duplicates in the year or so I've ran 11.0.x versions with this exact same setup.

tommy56

Post by tommy56 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:32 am

Same LFO problem already in live 10. I cant wrap my head around how this bug is not being adressed for so long.

LFO just not doing anything. randomly. even after reset. In projects I could program the lfo, now I can't anymore. unbelievable such a bug....

Solution anyone???

tommy56

Post by tommy56 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:06 am

Turns out the problem appears when you change the audio device driver type. you need to save the setting you programmed the audio lfo with.
TBH: This is a joke, what a ridiculous bug! does ableton plan to fix this any time or just ignore?

marmalade

Post by marmalade » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:58 am

Audio drop outs in Monterey 12.1 (and 12.2). New MacBook M1 Pro.

I only get the odd drop out, so not happening all of the time. Just enough to annoy though. :roll:

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:12 pm

tommy56 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:06 am
Turns out the problem appears when you change the audio device driver type. you need to save the setting you programmed the audio lfo with.
TBH: This is a joke, what a ridiculous bug! does ableton plan to fix this any time or just ignore?
Could you be more specific please ? It reminds me some problems I had in the past and never found the culprit.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

properLofi

Post by properLofi » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:50 pm

Projects that have been updated to 11.1 and saved lose M4L functionality when reloaded and IKMultimedia VST2 plugins fail to license properly or pass audio on the opened project. If you reload a pluygin and delete the original it works fine but won'w work with one that is saved as part of the project.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:00 pm

I dont use VST versions but no issues using AU versions of IK stuff here, i.e Mixbox, Modo Drum and Modo Bass.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

properLofi

Post by properLofi » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:56 am

It was the VST2 versions of IKM plugins that had issues. VST3 versions were absolutely fine. Turns out it was Arturia plugins causing the issue. January update seems to have fixed it. Specifically PIgments

Update: - Spoke too soon. What appeared resolved yesterday after hours of trouble shooting and updates has resurfaced today. Same problem, M4L not working, LFO not working, IKM Vst2 plugins not licensing properly and not passing audio.

tommy56

Post by tommy56 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:55 am

chapelier fou wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:12 pm
tommy56 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:06 am
Could you be more specific please ? It reminds me some problems I had in the past and never found the culprit.
The LFO does not react anymoe. It is a ridiculous bug. tis adds up with horribly slow booting times of ableton live. Plus lags and slow performance even though I have a monster machine to work on.... this is totally destroying my creative workflow, and such a simple bug. Ableton Live may be a great idea but it is a joke to be used as professional DAW.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:43 am

macbook 2020 M1 base model

11.1 has lots of clicks on latency set to 128 11.0 works perfectly even down to 32

Speaking Colors

Post by Speaking Colors » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Ableton Live 11.1.1

Windows 10 Pro 21H2, i9-10900KF, 64gb RAM, MSI 3060 TI Ventus, m.2 NVMe Gen 3 SSD Corsair 2TB + a few 1TB HDD, RME Digiface USB, Ferrofish Pulse 16, A few hardware synths

Since the update, Live is stable but, Windows can forever play any sound via my soundcard without issue either be YouTube or Winamp, but Live even with all tracks playing, will suddenly stop from sending the audio to the Master Bus even if all routing are fine and didn't change.

Mixer Faders are all good, routing is good, nothing changed, I could be playing on my Arturia KeyLab Essential 49 or I could be simply moving an audio around, the volume will suddenly cut.

I validated the audio device, still on the same it was, every options I could think of, everything is good.
It's not a set time either, every time I reboot or close and re-open Live, it could take a minute, or 30 minutes, the timing change.
I also validated every plugin isn't on demo mode, and also without plugins, the audio will suddenly cut.
I updated I believe a week ago, Live 11 was fine and never had that issue. It's really since I'm on Live 11.1.1 that this issue is happening.

The weird thing is Windows can still play sounds just fine. Live won't be able to play a sound at all, but then Youtube or Winamp will still play a sound.

HALP PLZ. MANY VIRTUAL TACOS FOR THE ONE FIXING THAT THINGIE. MANY THANKS.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:56 pm

Live 11.1 running with no issues on latest Monterey and M1Max MacBook Pro here. I’ve been using this system for 3 months, and it’s been a completely smooth experience for me.

I’m surprised to hear the woes some Mac people are having, because my experience has been seamless. I use Waves/Izotope/NI/Arturia quite heavily and everything has been smooth.

FWIW, I went with a Migration Assistant transfer from Live 11 on my 2015 Retina MBP/Mojave to the new system.
Just wondering if there’s anything there… are the Mac folk who are having issues any more likely to be people who’ve chosen to do a clean install from scratch rather than Migration Assistant to a new system? Or are your issues unrelated to a hardware platform change?

Just ruminating / curious to know…
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

Phreaker

Post by Phreaker » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:21 am

I have an odd 11.1 problem on my M1 Macbook Air running on Monterey. Sometimes no plugins show up. Rescanning doesn't fix it. I have to close are reopen Live to see them again. It's kind of annoying. :)

Graystar

Post by Graystar » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:59 am

Hi everyone,

First time venturing over to the forum.

I've been messing about with Ableton for a couple of weeks, however I keep running into issues when trying to load a drum into MIDI 1 or MIDI 2 channels. I get no sound 98% of the time for drums, yet I can load most instruments and sounds and achieve success. Then, completely random drop out of all sounds, instruments and so forth.

I thought it was my settings for a while but these have been checked and rechecked and they are good.

I'm running Windows 11 and Ableton Live 11 Lite (don't judge; it came with my Scarlet Solo interface).

Could this be a simple issue with a corrupt download of Ableton? Should I uninstall and try again, and if so will this then count against me as in 'You've already used your download for this product' kind of deal?

At the moment, Ableton is unusable as I can't even mess around with it to make a basic beat let alone get the point where I'm plugging in midi keys or a guitar and mic.

Any help would be of great value.