Running native & Rosetta plugins simultaniously

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sascha Tayefeh

Running native & Rosetta plugins simultaniously

Post by Sascha Tayefeh » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:07 pm

Hi all

I have been wondering about following setup:
- M1
- Ableton 11.1
- Native Plugin, e.g. Diva
- Some rosetta plugin

Now, running this setup, will it only be the rosetta plugin running slower that if it were native, or will the use of one single rosetta plugin drag the whole performance down, e.i. become a bottleneck and slow down Diva and the whole of Ableton?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Pitch Black

Re: Running native & Rosetta plugins simultaniously

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:09 am

Runnung different combos of Rosetta / M1-native plugins and instruments in many different live sets. No problems here, it's all just working.

I'm running Live 11.1 natively and letting the Rosetta AUHosting CompatabilityService translate the Intel AU's on-the-fly.

Examples: NI Komplete (Intel) + Waves (M1) + Spitfire Audio (M1) + Izotope Stutter Edit 1, Ozone 4, Ozone 8 (Intel).

I learned a lot from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqr9qjNS2kU (skip to 5:22 onwards for the most relevant info)
Last edited by Pitch Black on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:12 am

When running Live in "silicon mode" just use the AU version of the non-silicon plugins (and of course silicon versions of the ones that are silicon ready) and you'll be fine.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Charlz Blonz

Post by Charlz Blonz » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:47 am

[jur] wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:12 am
When running Live in "silicon mode" just use the AU version of the non-silicon plugins (and of course silicon versions of the ones that are silicon ready) and you'll be fine.
Hi there,

I tried exactly that but all the plug-in setups I had done in my project before upgrading to 11.2 are lost when I switch from VST2 to AU. How would you do to retain those setups ?

Thanks