Ableton Live 11.1 ClyphX install [SOLVED]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
J_R

Ableton Live 11.1 ClyphX install [SOLVED]

Post by J_R » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:59 am

After installing Live 11.1, following directions on https://github.com/ldrolez/clyphx-live10#readme I attempted installing “The ClyphX Ableton Live script which works with Live 10 and 11”

I moved a copy of ClyphX-2.7.3 into Ableton ‘Midi Remote Scripts’; unzipped it; removed the compressed folder from Midi Remote Scripts; restarted Ableton Live 11.1; opened Preferences…MIDI Control Surface:

No reference to ClyphX is in the MIDI Control Surface list. (…Blackstar Live Logic, BLOCKS, Code Series, CTRL49, Faderport,…)

How do I install and “Add ClyphX as a new control surface in Ableton's preferences”?

RSVP
Last edited by J_R on Sat May 21, 2022 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S4racen

Re: Ableton Live 11.1 ClyphX install

Post by S4racen » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:13 pm

Depends on your OS but its possible it needs to be installed in a Remote Scripts folder within your user library, this is how ClyphX Pro works anyway...

Cheers
D

J_R

Re: Ableton Live 11.1 ClyphX install

Post by J_R » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:43 pm

D

OS = Win10

Per your suggestion and Installing third-party remote scripts – Ableton
1) Created folder within C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Ableton\User Library named “Remote Scripts”
2) Moved folder “ClyphX-2.7.3” from C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11.1 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts to C:\Users\Joost\Documents\Ableton\User Library\Remote Scripts
3) Closed and Restarted Ableton Live 11.1

ClyphX still doesn’t appear in menu:

Hardware Configuration:

* DAW: Ableton Live 11.1 Suite
* Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2[/list][/list]
......- Microphone connected to Scarlett (XLR)
......- Guitar connected to Scarlett (1/4” phono)
* Output to stereo amplifier (to speakers)
* System: Windows 10 (3 monitors)
* MIDI Controllers:
......- AKAI Professional APC mini (to control tracks and clips);
......- Computer Keyboard (to map Ableton Live keys to as per directions on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEiOL6qQ5Ws (time 2’ 47”) “MIDI Control Setup”[/size]

J_R

Re: Ableton Live 11.1 ClyphX install [SOLVED]

Post by J_R » Sat May 21, 2022 11:51 pm

Bring up AbletonLive.
  • - Go to Preferences/Link Tempo MIDI
    - Add any Control Surface from the long list that's presented to you. (use one with a fairly unique title)
    - Search your computer (I use app Everything [free]) for the 'unique title'. And bring up the path to that hit--it should bring up the MIDI Remote Scripts folder they reside in.
    - You may get more than one hits (different versions of Ableton, yada, yada)
    - If you haven't by this time determined which of these MIDI Remote Scripts folders is related to the Ableton Version you're using, pick one and copy the expanded Clyphx folder to that respective Midi Remote Scripts folder.
    - Bring up Ableton Live; go to preferences; and see if the ClyphX folder appears in the Control Surface list.

If it does, congratulations!
If not try another (MIDI Remote Scripts folder).