How to map Akai APC 40mk2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cds84

How to map Akai APC 40mk2

Post by cds84 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:54 am

Hello,
I have Ableton Live 11 and Akai APC 40MK2. When I connect the controller to my computer I can see a red frame in the session view and some default template midi map. So all my faders on APC40 are already mapped to the session view and also other knobs and buttons. When I move selected channels to the right by pressing arrows on the midi controller the mapping is following the selected channels. So for example when I move from 1st channel to 5th channel (so 5th is first on my screen and on apc40) the mapping is still there whenever I change the channel.

How can I create my own map with mapped features like this? I want that whenever I move the red frame on the session view, for example to the right so my 5th channel is my first channel on APC so the mapped feature is following my selected channels with the red frame? For example, I'd like to map filter to faders on each channel. But I don't want to map each channel separately. I'd like that whenever I move the red frame to right (for example 10th channel) the mapping will be there. How can I do this?
So far I didn't find the answer to this question.

S4racen

Re: How to map Akai APC 40mk2

Post by S4racen » Thu May 12, 2022 4:22 pm

You'd need to write your own control surface script as direct MIDI Mapping is not dynamic.

Remotely would do the coding for it. if you wan ted to go down that route, you can easily google them...

Cheers
D