Looking for help to configure Live for live gigs...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Gianluca B

Looking for help to configure Live for live gigs...

Post by Gianluca B » Wed May 11, 2022 4:12 pm

Hi there, my name is Gianluca from Italy and i'm a newbie here in the forum.
I'm here because i want to understand if Live can be a good option for live gigs using my mac to score a musical performance.
I'm used to use two minidisc players to cross song, ambience music or whatever during the live show: one was running and the other was ready to start a song at the cue.
Now i'd like to improve my workflow, live workflow with Live but in the same way... if it's possible.
I'd like to create a pair of channels controlled by a midi mixing surface, using an audio interface as my Audient ID 14 MkII and sending my out signal directly to P.A..... is it possible?
I saw a guy doing this and so I came out with this insane idea of evolving my "playing"
But now i got some issue.
I can send all two channels in the master and i can ear by the PA but the real deal is: can i make a track stop when the other starts?
As i wrote i used a pair of minidisc in a mixer and it was so easy... is it possible to recreate a similar situation?
I'm asking to you because i am totally new to this world so it's very hard to understand all this complex situation without any help.
it requires year and years of practice as i did on my Cubase app since 1988...
I'm currently working with a Macbook Air mid 2014, an Audient ID14 MkII audio interface, a master keyboard with sliders that can be used as channel volume and a free version of Live.
If this gear trip should work I can buy the original software indeed!
Thank in advance to all mad musical scientist that will help out thought my journey to a new live life!
Keep on rocking, Gianluca