Looper and Global Transport Behaviour

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bruno6thstring

Looper and Global Transport Behaviour

Post by bruno6thstring » Sat May 14, 2022 9:45 pm

Hi!
I've search deep and wide not only here in the forum but across the internet, and it seems that my issue is something that users are trying to figure out since version 8 at least...
The thing is that the manual specifies how the looper and global transport behave and interact, but I don´t seem to find if there's a way to make the Global Transport STOP button can make the looper stop... My mind makes me think that Looper is only intended for use in production and not on a live situation cause well, you can imagine... and stick to Live Looping within the clips in session view. Am I missing something?? Thanks in advance!! :mrgreen:
Bruno

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Looper and Global Transport Behaviour

Post by [jur] » Sun May 15, 2022 10:34 am

bruno6thstring wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:45 pm
My mind makes me think that Looper is only intended for use in production and not on a live situation cause well, you can imagine.
To me it feels like the opposite, and that's the reason why Looper doesn't offer this option, because you you want it to be independent.
You could work around this by e.g midi mapping the same button to Looper's stop button and the transport stop button.
Ableton Forum Moderator

bruno6thstring

Re: Looper and Global Transport Behaviour

Post by bruno6thstring » Sun May 15, 2022 1:47 pm

I've never thought about that workaround... That's nice. Thanks!