Ableton Live 11 and Zoom Livetrak L-8 ISSUES! PLEASE HELP!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jayesar

Ableton Live 11 and Zoom Livetrak L-8 ISSUES! PLEASE HELP!

Post by jayesar » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:53 pm

Hello, I recently purchased a LiveTrak L-8 and have been attempting to get it set up with Ableton Live Suite 11.

I have followed all of the steps (selecting input channels, assigning output channels) but whenever the L-8 Asio driver is selected, there is no input signal registered on any of the channels and ableton runs INCREDIBLY slow or lags out entirely. (This computer is a new build Ryzen 9 5600, with 32GB of DDR4 RAM, and an M2 ssd.) These issues are allayed when I select the "Direct MX" drivers, but this only gives me the option of recording 2 tracks, both of which are receiving the master signal from the L-8 and both of which are recorded super quietly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

lkw01

Re: Ableton Live 11 and Zoom Livetrak L-8 ISSUES! PLEASE HELP!

Post by lkw01 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:17 am

jayesar wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:53 pm
Hello, I recently purchased a LiveTrak L-8 and have been attempting to get it set up with Ableton Live Suite 11.

I have followed all of the steps (selecting input channels, assigning output channels) but whenever the L-8 Asio driver is selected, there is no input signal registered on any of the channels and ableton runs INCREDIBLY slow or lags out entirely. (This computer is a new build Ryzen 9 5600, with 32GB of DDR4 RAM, and an M2 ssd.) These issues are allayed when I select the "Direct MX" drivers, but this only gives me the option of recording 2 tracks, both of which are receiving the master signal from the L-8 and both of which are recorded super quietly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
use asio

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:29 am

Ensure both Live and windows have the exact same audio settings etc.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

jayesar

Post by jayesar » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:21 pm

I believe that I have both setup the same.

What makes it even weirder is that I am able to get the Livetrak functioning completely (multi-tracking, etc) while using it with a trial version of FL Producer. I changed no settings, it just works straight away.

Additionally, Zoom got back to me and dropped a bomb on me. Apparently, zoom products (at least the L8) are "not guaranteed compatible with AMD architecture due to third party USB controllers".

I asked them why this super important info is not on their "compatibility" page, and they responded with the location which is unsearchable on Google, and is a modal popup when you click a button called "details and specs" on the L8 page. Pretty lame. Bought this from Thomann, and now am faced with dropping 50 bucks of my own money to return it. Or just keep it and get FL... 🤦

dieserhering

Post by dieserhering » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:23 pm

I am facing the same issue with the Livetrak L-20 on Windows 11 with an Intel CPU. Is there any solution for this?

jayesar

Post by jayesar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:52 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Good luck with getting any help from Zoom. Some of the worst customer support I’ve ever encountered.