ABLETON 11.1 CRASH WHEN SAVING ON MAC STUDIO M1

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DracoDior

ABLETON 11.1 CRASH WHEN SAVING ON MAC STUDIO M1

Post by DracoDior » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 pm

Ok, this is going to be a lengthy inquiry, but I figure the more details provided here, the better for those that may be able to help!

Two weeks ago I finally upgraded from an Intel Macbook Pro to a brand new Mac Studio with an M1 Max chip.

I have been having so many difficulties with the M1 mac studio and ableton 11/10...my old projects will load, but very few plugins would be recognized, which of course makes sense because of M1 compatibility and so on (I'll get into this)

FULL TRANSPARENCY

On my old macbook pro, almost everything was torrented...ableton 10, 95% of my 600 plugins, and so on...

I knew that the transfer over would be rough, so I finally decided to pay for the 10-20 plugins i ACTUALLY USE.

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NOT PAID FOR ABLETON 11.1 YET ON MY NEW MAC STUDIO M1

Projects from my old mac (and torrented ableton) WILL LOAD, however, when I try to SAVE a project I work on, my projects keep crashing on my new mac. I have been troubleshooting this, heres what I have tried so far:

- Submit crash reports to ableton (no response)
- Start mac studio on a CLEAN HD from scratch. Legally purchase all plugins so that they are up to date and compatible with M1
- Go on my old macbook pro, open a project I want to transfer and DELETE all corrupt plugins in the project. In doing so, when I open the project on my NEW mac studio, ableton doesn't register any plugins that are missing, because I have already deleted them from the project file on my old mac and old ableton.
- TRY TO JUST COPY & PASTE STEMS (with nothing on them) into a NEW PROJECT in ableton 11.1 on my mac studio (THIS CRASHED THE LEAST)

Here is the exception code from a crash report, I don't know what this means, but I really hope someone can help.

xception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000120
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

AFTER TRYING ALL THESE STEPS Ableton would crash less! I could work on projects and save a few times, BUT after a certain amount of time elapsed, ableton would EVENTUALLY CRASH WHEN TRYING TO SAVE THE PROJECT.

In my opinion, the only step left for me at this point is to legally buy ableton, I know torrenting is frowned upon, the past 4 years I was a starving student, now that I have a steady income I can afford to pay for everything legally!

But here is my main concern....

Because every project on my old macbook was basically made on pirated software, does this mean that these projects will always crash?

Like I said, I got to the point where I literally transferred over the stems dry and started adding LEGAL & UPDATED plugins FROM SCRATCH, yet ableton still crashes upon saving.

Am I screwed? Are the 2,000 + songs I have created over the past 4 years just gone?

I am really sorry for the essay, this has been a very emotional past 2 weeks for me, I have tried everything I know to do, IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME.

I JUST WANT TO MAKE MUSIC AGAIN :cry:

fishmonkey

Re: ABLETON 11.1 CRASH WHEN SAVING ON MAC STUDIO M1

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:32 am

DracoDior wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 pm
Ok, this is going to be a lengthy inquiry, but I figure the more details provided here, the better for those that may be able to help!

Two weeks ago I finally upgraded from an Intel Macbook Pro to a brand new Mac Studio with an M1 Max chip.

I have been having so many difficulties with the M1 mac studio and ableton 11/10...my old projects will load, but very few plugins would be recognized, which of course makes sense because of M1 compatibility and so on (I'll get into this)

FULL TRANSPARENCY

On my old macbook pro, almost everything was torrented...ableton 10, 95% of my 600 plugins, and so on...

I knew that the transfer over would be rough, so I finally decided to pay for the 10-20 plugins i ACTUALLY USE.

Projects from my old mac (and torrented ableton) WILL LOAD, however, when I try to SAVE a project I work on, my projects keep crashing on my new mac. I have been troubleshooting this, heres what I have tried so far:

- Start mac studio on a CLEAN HD from scratch. Legally purchase all plugins so that they are up to date and compatible with M1
- Go on my old macbook pro, open a project I want to transfer and DELETE all corrupt plugins in the project. In doing so, when I open the project on my NEW mac studio, ableton doesn't register any plugins that are missing, because I have already deleted them from the project file on my old mac and old ableton.
- TRY TO JUST COPY & PASTE STEMS (with nothing on them) into a NEW PROJECT in ableton 11.1 on my mac studio (THIS CRASHED THE LEAST)

Here is the exception code from a crash report, I don't know what this means, but I really hope someone can help.

xception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000120
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

AFTER TRYING ALL THESE STEPS Ableton would crash less! I could work on projects and save a few times, BUT after a certain amount of time elapsed, ableton would EVENTUALLY CRASH WHEN TRYING TO SAVE THE PROJECT.

In my opinion, the only step left for me at this point is to legally buy ableton, I know torrenting is frowned upon, the past 4 years I was a starving student, now that I have a steady income I can afford to pay for everything legally!

But here is my main concern....

Because every project on my old macbook was basically made on pirated software, does this mean that these projects will always crash?

Like I said, I got to the point where I literally transferred over the stems dry and started adding LEGAL & UPDATED plugins FROM SCRATCH, yet ableton still crashes upon saving.

Am I screwed? Are the 2,000 + songs I have created over the past 4 years just gone?

I am really sorry for the essay, this has been a very emotional past 2 weeks for me, I have tried everything I know to do, IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME.

I JUST WANT TO MAKE MUSIC AGAIN :cry:
i can definitely help!

my rates for you are USD2000 per hour, paid in advance — that's less than $1 per song! — a bargain!

Mark Williams

Re: ABLETON 11.1 CRASH WHEN SAVING ON MAC STUDIO M1

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:38 am

DracoDior wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 pm

You openly admit using a pirate copy of Ableton and expect Ableton support to help you!! Sorry no sympathy or help from me here.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P