Scene Launch after Loop Stops Scene Issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lfaa

Scene Launch after Loop Stops Scene Issue

Post by lfaa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:52 pm

Maybe Solved: I tried making the loop a little bit longer than it should be but then press Unlink and make it 8 bars long, that seems (for now) to have solved the issue.

Hey everyone,

hopefully someone had this issue before, and can help out.

I have one song where after a looped section (piano + vocals) when I trigger the launch of the next scene, most of the time, it does not work, it looks like all the clips get selected and then they stop immediately. Sometimes only the Backings and the Audio-Click get activated, most of the time only the Click group gets activated. I trigger it with a Pedal connected to a Novation Launckey 49.

I have multiple songs where I loop vocals or piano, not both though, and only one other song where I have a piano loop that goes into the next scene after I trigger it - but that other song does not have that issue.

I have the following groups with stems.
Live
- incl. Live Vocal
- incl Live Keys
Backings
Keys
Bass
Drums
Click (Audio-Stem)

What I do that might trigger the Error:
1. First I trigger the first scene (Intro), after it is finished the scene goes directly into the next scene, which is a loop
2. When the loop is playing I do some effects, that I think trigger the problem (but again only for this song). I have two buttons on my Launchkey, where I select the live vocal and live keys track so I can see the looping effect (the integrated Ableton Loop, not an external plug-in). Then I loop the piano in different octaves (octave change through Novation) and the vocals, and then I play a bit with filtering them out and adding reverb and panning (all with my Novation), and then open / close and or delete the Ableton loop. - I do other things as well, like filtering the stems (Keys, Bass, Drums) and turning them on and off, but this does not seem to trigger the issue (if I do all that without looping the launch of the next scene is successful, if I don't do this but do my looping things, the error occurs most of the time).
3. Then I press a Novation button I connected with "next" that selects the Final "End" Scene (because the First Intro one went directly into the loop, so if I'd press the pedal-trigger, it would just re-launch the loop) - and then I trigger the Final scene. And then everything stops but the Audio-Click and sometimes Audio-Click and Backing Group.

Update

Now for some reason it even happens without me doing anything but just triggering the next scene right after the loop is going on (even without using any effects). Though before I thought it worked like this.

Things I've tried
- I compared all the scenes, especially as I created the Audio-Click recently (I had a midi click before and thought that might trigger the issue).
- I removed groups
- I compared all the clips and looping devices to make sure that they all have the same information activated or deactivated.
- I made some changes within the looping devices
- I selected the scene with my mouse to make it fully marked when I trigger it with my pedal
- I pressed the "play" button of the scene directly, and the same issue occurred
- Even if I don't press the "next" scene - and press the trigger directly, which should just re-trigger the loop, it turns off the loop and just leaves / triggers the Audio-click group
- I routed the Keys+Bass+Drums to the same ex as the Audio-Click (as it is the only one not going to the Master), and this did not help as well
- Set Tempo Control of Loops to None

The clips are all 44.1 kH and 24 bit.

I really hope someone had this issue before and has a very easy explanation that I'm just not seeing haha.

Thank you so so much!
Last edited by lfaa on Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lfaa

Re: Scene Launch after Loop Stops Scene Issue

Post by lfaa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:22 pm

I added what was here in the original post. Thank you! :)