Subfolder organization keeps changing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thecollineades

Subfolder organization keeps changing

Post by thecollineades » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Hi Ableton users. First time posting here, so let me know if I'm in the wrong spot or need to ask somewhere else...

I've got a question on folder organization within the user library (specifically within Samples). My subfolders are constantly being reorganized and I'm not sure how to organize them one specific way (for example "by name" or "by last modified"). It's hard to move fast and find the right sound when its location keeps changing (I'm wanting sample folders to stay in the same place so I can find a specific sample quickly). Saves milliseconds at best, but is there a way to do this? I recently switched to a new computer and fresh install of Live, and I never had this problem before (the subfolders would always be organized/appear in the same way).

Thanks!

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Subfolder organization keeps changing

Post by [jur] » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:28 pm

Folders don't move by themselves... Could be more detailed about what's happening, and what you did?
Ableton Forum Moderator

thecollineades

Post by thecollineades » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Thanks for the reply! Figured it out. Looks like the organization tool I was looking for is in the header for all subfolders (organizes by name/rank/etc)

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:58 pm

Good news ;-)
Ableton Forum Moderator