My Midi piano is not working at all laptop catches sound through computer mic (tipping sounds etc?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gallagherf

My Midi piano is not working at all laptop catches sound through computer mic (tipping sounds etc?)

Post by gallagherf » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Hey guys,

instead of recording my MIDI piano Ableton recordes my tipping through laptop mic.

Wtf is happening.

Which preferences do I need to have again in order for the midi piano to work ?

xxxxx thanks a LOT!

Mark Williams

Re: My Midi piano is not working at all laptop catches sound through computer mic (tipping sounds etc?)

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:54 pm

Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

DunedinDragon

Re: My Midi piano is not working at all laptop catches sound through computer mic (tipping sounds etc?)

Post by DunedinDragon » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:23 pm

It sounds like you have your audio track enabled for recording rather than your MIDI track (assuming you have your keyboard MIDI actually connected to your DAW).

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:36 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:54 pm
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=242485
Linking to this page is not very useful as it provides no answer to the question. It's not the first time your doing this. If you tried to make a point that OP didn't give enough information, then I suggest you visit that page yourself, and read the part about users not providing enough information. You know, the part that also says "It doesn't help anyone to repeatedly reply to these threads saying "you didn't give any info so I'm not going to help you! :roll: ".

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:30 am

Rivanni wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:36 pm

Linking to this page is not very useful as it provides no answer to the question. It's not the first time your doing this. If you tried to make a point that OP didn't give enough information, then I suggest you visit that page yourself, and read the part about users not providing enough information. You know, the part that also says "It doesn't help anyone to repeatedly reply to these threads saying "you didn't give any info so I'm not going to help you! :roll: ".
Then pleae enlighten everyone with your solution, as you offered nothing
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

silentio246

Post by silentio246 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:42 am

gallagherf wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Which preferences do I need to have again in order for the midi piano to work ?
1. Select the recommended ASIO driver for your soundcard in Ableton Live.
2. Turn on your monitors/headphones connected to your soundcard.
3. Record arm only the midi track of your midi piano in Ableton Live.
4. Play via midi/computer keyboard and listen. You should see the master level in Ableton Live.