Ableton Support not responding... ever??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
digorysmallz

Ableton Support not responding... ever??

Post by digorysmallz » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:53 pm

I've reached out to Ableton for support, and no response after 4 business days. I understand there is a "delayed response time" but after this weekend that will be a 7 days response time which is nuts..

TheDukeLondon

Re: Ableton Support not responding... ever??

Post by TheDukeLondon » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 am

Same here, no response from 25th June for a defect identified by several vendors

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:08 am

Sorry. As crazy as it seems, support is still impacted by covid and the huge delay it created.
They will get back to you eventually.
Ableton Forum Moderator

AbletonMASCHINE

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:23 am

Annoying but without a 24/7 service contract and agreed response times to be expected, especially during weekends.

digorysmallz

Post by digorysmallz » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:31 pm

Hey, appreciated. I’m guessing most people are experiencing these crazy delays?

It doesn’t seem like a legit reason because every plugin company I’ve contacted to try and help solve this problem got back to me within a couple hours. Waves was pretty much instant with a direct phone line to technical support. Even the mac store took less than 24hrs to do a full diagnostic of my computer in their shop. These companies were also impacted by Covid.

[jur] wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:08 am
Sorry. As crazy as it seems, support is still impacted by covid and the huge delay it created.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:15 pm

digorysmallz wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:31 pm

It doesn’t seem like a legit reason because every plugin company I’ve contacted to try and help solve this problem got back to me within a couple hours. Waves was pretty much instant with a direct phone line to technical support. Even the mac store took less than 24hrs to do a full diagnostic of my computer in their shop. These companies were also impacted by Covid.

[jur] wrote:
Well, I have absolutely not interest in lying or whatnot. I'm glad those companies can keep up, but unfortunately that's a bit harder here. That's unfortunate I know, but it is what it is and they're shaking their ass like crazy to do their best and recover.
I don't know if you had any experience with Ableton support before covid, but it's always been very very reactive.
And to answer your first question: yes, everybody is experiencing those delays, it's not just you :wink:
I know it's not cool for users; we're all in this clunky boat though.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:16 pm

They never respond to my bug reports. I don't know how much they have to deal with, so I can' say how well they do. Ableton is not the chattiest company I've ever run across.

digorysmallz

Post by digorysmallz » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:12 pm

I've never had any issues with Ableton support not responding to me before, so it's quite unusual. I just want a functioning Ableton. Right now I can't even play back my sessions without the CPU spiking to 200%.

[jur] wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:15 pm
digorysmallz wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:31 pm

[jur] wrote:
Well, I have absolutely not interest in lying or whatnot. I'm glad those companies can keep up, but unfortunately that's a bit harder here. That's unfortunate I know, but it is what it is and they're shaking their ass like crazy to do their best and recover.
I don't know if you had any experience with Ableton support before covid, but it's always been very very reactive.
And to answer your first question: yes, everybody is experiencing those delays, it's not just you :wink:
I know it's not cool for users; we're all in this clunky boat though.

Freiin

Post by Freiin » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:21 pm

That's why i'm imploring them to make possible to us deactivate our licenses through Account section instead of creating support tickets and making this kind of rework. :D

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:11 pm

jonljacobi wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:16 pm
They never respond to my bug reports. I don't know how much they have to deal with, so I can' say how well they do. Ableton is not the chattiest company I've ever run across.
If you’re sending them via the app or to bugs@ableton.com those have never been replied to. They get read and logged for investigation though, so still very useful.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:54 pm

Trevbo wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:48 pm
Juri on this forum does an excellent job helping out but I miss that high level support from the actual support team.
Erik and I are actually not supposed to provide support in the forums, at least that's not officially part of our mission. We do try helping anyway, but real support is very time consuming (and not very funny imo) and so we're limited in this area.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Exileon

Post by Exileon » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:48 pm

... And I haven't been able to use ableton for a long time because no one is replying to my tickets. There goes my $2,000 down the drain. And what is up with this reason that covid is behind it? Ain't the restrictions over? Don't you guys have work-from-home?