Crashing mayhem - problem solving goes nowhere

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TPat

Crashing mayhem - problem solving goes nowhere

Post by TPat » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi all

I appreciate this is boring and over-posted but Ive tried everything recommended elsewhere and nothing is working

Im running the latest Live 11 on a brand new 14" MBP with M1 Max.

Ive moved over my templates and racks etc from the old laptop. There was some issues with this previously but they had settled and the issue hadn't occurred for a year or so.

Now, whilst loading the template set, startup crashes Live.

Ive systematically removed plugins from the template to the point no third party AUs are in the template. I thought I cracked it when I removed Decapitator, but it still happens. Probably one in 3 times I open Live

Ive tried to rebuild the template, but when applying the racks to tracks sometimes it crashes.

The racks have some chains - one for compression, one for time (reverb/delay), one for width and one for saturation etc. However, even with third party stuff removed the issue remains.

It seems the only way to consistently get Live to load I have to have a generic template. But then to open my own template once that's loaded - it sometimes crashes.

Ive done a fresh Live install.

My library and projects are stored locally, but within dropbox. And this library was moved from the previous laptop. Otherwise its a world of pain sorting everything out again. Could that be the issue? Seems unlikely.

The only software on here I didn't buy is the FabFilter Q3. So I removed that, and its all the same. I have Arturia V collection, some soft tube, sound toys.

My template contains a lot of audio routing - 4 channels from eurorack, Overbridge bringing in 8 channels from Rytm, and two keyboards.

Master channel has a few plugins preloaded, nothing major. And 3 returns loaded with delay, reverb and distortion.

Someone please tell me what's going on - Ive troubleshooted so much.

Thomas