Simpler - Loop Crossfade Issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dylanbjohnson

Simpler - Loop Crossfade Issue

Post by dylanbjohnson » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:41 pm

Using Simpler. I've got warping turned off, Loop enabled, and the "Fade" amount is active (i.e. it's blue, not greyed out).

I've got a sample loaded and I'm not hearing any audible difference whether I set the Fade amount to 0 or 100. Still hearing a click at the beginning of the sample. I know I can use Sampler and use the crossfade, but wondering why I'm not hearing the effect of the "Fade" control in Simpler.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

kb420

Re: Simpler - Loop Crossfade Issue

Post by kb420 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Is the click at the beginning of the sample audible if you only play the sample once, or is it only audio when you retrigger the sound before the sample ends? I'm asking, because I'm having an issue with Simpler when retriggering sounds.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

dylanbjohnson

Post by dylanbjohnson » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:31 am

kb420 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Is the click at the beginning of the sample audible if you only play the sample once, or is it only audio when you retrigger the sound before the sample ends? I'm asking, because I'm having an issue with Simpler when retriggering sounds.
It's audible no matter what. I'm not hearing any Fade whatsoever.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:11 pm

Could you send me a link with the sample in a Live set? I would love to take a look at it do see if I could duplicate the click or help to identify where it is coming from.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

dylanbjohnson

Post by dylanbjohnson » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:49 pm

Sure! How would I go about doing that?

dylanbjohnson

Post by dylanbjohnson » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:50 pm

kb420 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:11 pm
Could you send me a link with the sample in a Live set? I would love to take a look at it do see if I could duplicate the click or help to identify where it is coming from.
Sure - let me see if I can find it, haha. How would I go about preparing it to send to you?

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:20 am

You'll see the fades appear in Simpler's sample view when you make the Loop (blue text) less than 100%. It won't xfade outside of the sample's left/right markers.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:14 pm

deleted

warper

Post by warper » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:53 pm

Hey folks,

cause you are talking about crossfade in simpler...

When I use warped mode, the fade options are grayed out, so I often cannot prepare a smoothly loop. Do anyone know, why this is fact (still in my version Ableton Live 11)? - Sure... the idea of warping is NOT to adjust free, but... this would be so great for fade function! Do you have any idea? How do YOU solve this problem? - Any help appreciated :wink:

Simpler could be such an amazing tool for building playable instruments with own samples, but this fade restriction makes it not work for me like I would like to have it...

Thanx for any ideas!

... just got an idea... maybe key option works? adjusting loop with alt or command or so... will try this!...