Kontakt libraries and key switch articulations

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
david.barker

Kontakt libraries and key switch articulations

Post by david.barker » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:42 pm

Hello :)

How do I go about using articulations in Ableton Live 11 piano roll? I have a bunch pf nice orchestral type libraries with various articulations

I had seen on Youtube someone using automation to switch articulations,which looks really cool and easy to use by the look of
And till now I had drawn the keyswitches in my hand which is tedious to say the lest

Any suggestions? Just finding my way back round Ableton after a long hiatus,due to ill health and work commitments
Thanks
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

DunedinDragon

Re: Kontakt libraries and key switch articulations

Post by DunedinDragon » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:53 pm

It really depends on the library and how they defined changing the articulations. Some specify a MIDI sequence, some allow you to define a MIDI sequence, some are special MIDI keys and a lot have a variety of ways to automate things. It would probably help if we knew which library and how you were using it such as for live performance, recording, building a backing track, etc.

david.barker

Re: Kontakt libraries and key switch articulations

Post by david.barker » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:11 pm

Hello.
I use Heavyocity,Spitffire,Audio Imperia libraries mainly.
Others such Soundiron, and Native Instruments occasionally.
I produce music purely as a hobby.Some of my libraries in Kontakt do have keyswitches on the piano roll in Kontakt

Wonder if there is a Max for live device to cover everything.
Thanks
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic