Routing Foot Pedal Into Live w/Apollo x4

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spinnerthrow

Routing Foot Pedal Into Live w/Apollo x4

Post by spinnerthrow » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:08 pm

Good morning. I really need help. I have spent close to 20 hours trying to figure this out on both Youtube and reading every related post on this forum, and, apart from me progressively feeling like an idiot, I think it is an easy fix.

I am trying to route up a Roland RE-20 Space Delay foot pedal so that I can play it on either an audio track or send. Please excuse the post if it does not belong here.

Gear:
1. UAD Apollo x4 v 10.1.0 (latest version)
2. Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7
3. Ableton Suite 11.1.6 (latest version)
4. Roland RE-20
5. 2 ¼” phone plugs.

External Stereo Routing

1. X4: Monitor 1-2 to Speakers
2. X4: Nothing plugged into Line Out 1-2 or Mic/Line 1-2
3. X4: ¼” plugs running from Line Out 3-4 phone plugs to the RE-20 Inputs A-B
4. X4: ¼” plugs running from Mic/Line 3-4 phone plugs to the RE-20 Outputs A-B

Internal Routing
1. X4 software is basically untouched/unconfigured. I think there is some sort of problem with my Cue Output configuration as they don’t look like any of the ones shown on the Youtube videos. Rather than try to explain, screenshots are attached.
2. Ableton. Seems like the easiest way to do this is to the use the native External Audio Effect plugin, though others have created a more cumbersome way of sending audio from one track to another track that is listening to the first track. If I can avoid that, it would be great. Screenshots are attached.

Hopefully the screenshots will help paint the picture. I can post more if it helps at all, just don’t know what else might be needed. Thank you very much for any help you can give. I truly appreciate this. I initially wanted the RE-20 on a send, but I will take it on an audio track or any other way possible.

https://imgur.com/a/KbFhWew