Do presets not work in Ableton live 11 intro??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lovvly

Do presets not work in Ableton live 11 intro??

Post by lovvly » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:07 am

I'm a newbie at music production and a broke uni student so I only have the intro version for Ableton. I was looking to buy some vocal presets and found this preset pack for a good price so I went ahead and bought it. The pack stated that it was compatible with Ableton live 11 so I assumed that it was compatible with the intro version too as it had not stated that it wasn't. Unfortunately every time I tried loading a preset from the pack it would always say "this device is not available in this version of live." I was quite upset especially since the product was non-refundable and I can't even use it anyways. I checked to see if presets in general work in the intro version and every preset I've tried to load doesn't work. I'm just hoping that I'm only doing something wrong with installing or whatever because I'd hate to waste my money like this. Especially when the pack did not state that the intro version isn't compatible and the fact that Ableton didn't specify what they meant by "this device is not available in this version of live" because they also never stated that presets don't work on the intro version

I'm sorry if this sounds so ranty but I was having a really bad day and was looking forward to using the new presets I bought but they didn't work so I'm quite upset.

miyaru

Re: Do presets not work in Ableton live 11 intro??

Post by miyaru » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:52 am

You need Simpler or Sampler, one of the two if you load in as a MIDI track. If the presets are wave or aiff files you must load them in audio slots in session view.

I do not think Simpler nor Sampler are included in the intro version though, dunno I have Live 10 Suite.......

Edit: intro has Simpler, that should do the trick.

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

Rivanni

Re: Do presets not work in Ableton live 11 intro??

Post by Rivanni » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:36 am

Without knowing which pack we're talking about, you can't tell if Simpler is needed or not.
For example, the pack may contain presets that use effects not present in Live Intro.

@lovvly What's the name of the pack and where did you buy it? The requirements are clearly stated on the Ableton site.
Does the message not mention the name of the device that is not available?