Ableton has started corrupting mp3 exports? Pls help!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jimit1977

Ableton has started corrupting mp3 exports? Pls help!

Post by jimit1977 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:14 pm

So, I have been using Ableton a couple of years and whilst it has given me quite a few driver issues it's never had a problem exporting audio.

I came to bounce a mix yesterday to send to a friend and when I listened back to the audio there were 4 random silences about 1 second long spread out through the track which was about 2 mins long.

The only thing that had recently changed was that I had uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Izotope suite of products after having license issues. Their support department had suggested this and it solved the issue I was having.

I can't see how this would affect anything though..

I have repeated the export process several times and the silences always are on the exported mp3. They seem to be in the same place each time. There are no silences when I listen to the track in Ableton.

Looking at the audio file, you can see the signal just goes flat when these silences occur. It's not a playback issue or glitching - the audio is being cut and a silence is being recorded when this occurs.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? It's driving me nuts!

yur2die4

Re: Ableton has started corrupting mp3 exports? Pls help!

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:07 am

Maybe see if this still occurs even if you have only native Live devices in a set.

Then try it with different plugins that you commonly use. And see if one plug-in or another potentially causes this issue.

Maybe the registration of the plugins you re-installed didn’t complete properly or something. Being a re-install there may have been an overlooked step.

If you still have the issue even without using plugins, then it’s likely an issue caused by Live.

jimit1977

Re: Ableton has started corrupting mp3 exports? Pls help!

Post by jimit1977 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:21 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

I discovered it must have been Izotope Ozone. Reinstalling it had messed with the registration. Once I put in the serial number again and registered it everything worked fine.

Hopefully anyone with a similar issue will search and see this post as I had no idea Ozone would or could cause this and it could drive you totally crazy if you had a deadline coming up and suddenly your rendered files had random silences in them.!