Stem Export to wave file

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
miket007

Stem Export to wave file

Post by miket007 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:17 pm

I thought this was pretty straightforward until I needed to do it. I did a search before posting and asking here. I am using Ableton Live for backing track playback and management. I would like to export songs (stems) as a single exported WAV file (for others to practice to). I have several songs and their associated stems in my master .als file. I have tried selecting all the clips associated with the song, used the export function and "Master" selection output only to find the WAV file that it produces is silent. I have tried the same process with different songs in the same .als file with the same result and oddly wav file being the same length.

So I am either missing something(s) or I have an issue somewhere. Any ideas?

Tarekith

Re: Stem Export to wave file

Post by Tarekith » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 pm

Make sure in the export dialogue you’re setting the time range for the export. Are you exporting clips from arrange or session view?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

miket007

Post by miket007 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 pm
Make sure in the export dialogue you’re setting the time range for the export. Are you exporting clips from arrange or session view?
Thanks for responding Tarekith.

I am exporting from session view. Newbie question here I guess, where does one determine the time range for the selected song?

miket007

Post by miket007 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:11 pm

Thanks for the replies. Figured it out.