Multiple Audio Outputs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bigmontanamatt

Multiple Audio Outputs

Post by bigmontanamatt » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:41 pm

The overarching question I have is, is it possible to send Stereo Mixes to multiple output sources in Ableton?

We have been getting closer to mixing entirely in the box for our live stream. Next step, is to loose the mixing console and handle everything from computer running Ableton

Currently we pipe audio from our FOH mixer to another mixer via AES50. From there, it is sent to the Mac running Ableton Via another AES50 Line Through a converter box.

Audio is returned to the mixer via the same AES50 line and separate stereo mixes are sent to the Video Switcher and Monitors (direct analog outs) and back to the FOH Console via AES50.

Now I would like to eliminate the mixer and just port audio directly out of the Mac. Getting Audio to and from the FOH mixer is pretty straight forward. Set input/output preferences to the AES50 Converter.

Now, how can I also get stereo mixes directly from computer to the switcher and monitors.

Seems like this should be possible, but, I'm totally scratching my head over this.

Thanks for any input you may have,
Matt

fishmonkey

Re: Multiple Audio Outputs

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:59 am

the most obvious solution within Live is to use a separate Return track for each submix, with each Return track routed to different outputs of your audio interface.