Issues with Recorded Audio Track

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Calvin Stipe

Issues with Recorded Audio Track

Post by Calvin Stipe » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:54 am

Edit: I've resolved the issue after some digging on other threads. It was an issue with Melodyne being on the track! viewtopic.php?t=238751

I've recorded two copies of an audio track in Live 11, one is set to off to avoid latency. I re-recorded multiple takes of the vocals over top of each other and I've went through these takes to splice the good ones to sound clean. The problem I'm running into is that one of these audio clips on the no-latency vocal track is randomly cutting out briefly playing a wrong sound near the end of the clip that isn't even in the waveform at all! When I A/B comparing to the identical track with latency, this alteration doesn't exist.

Solutions I've tried and their results:

-Copying the audio clip from the track with latency onto the faulty track. It still makes the sound.

-Dragging the end/beginnings of other takes over top the bad audio. This altered audio still plays?

-Deleting this clip entirely. The clip with the wrong sound continues to play

-Searching in browser and file explorer to hear the clip. The clip in arrangement view is named "Lead 7" but oddly enough when right clicked on and directed to browser/file exp its named "Lead 5"

My only suspicion at this point is that the clip "Lead 7" is playing, "Lead 5" abruptly comes in randomly, yet this clip is nowhere to be found on the track? If you have any insight or there's something I'm missing, please let me know!