Batch Exporting many Audio Clips of one Track - Automation possible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
checka000000

Batch Exporting many Audio Clips of one Track - Automation possible?

Post by checka000000 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am currently working for an App Developer who needs many very short Audio Clips for a music App. Of course i could set the markers manually and export and name every single Audio clip, but i would need to do this thousands of times for that project. I wonder, if there is a Way so set the export range (for example 1 Bar), and somehow also automate the naming Prozess, so i don't have to manually rename every single clip. In My specific case, there are 24 one-bar phrases, that have to be exported separately and named. For example (Funk Session 1-24).

My thoughts so far have been: Is there a way to do this with max for life? Is there a plugin already existend, that can do it or could it be programmed?
If not, how would it be possible otherwise? Im working on Mac. Maybe it can be done with automator oder Siri shortcuts or any other software of that kind?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greetings from Austria
Fabian

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Batch Exporting many Audio Clips of one Track - Automation possible?

Post by [jur] » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:03 am

Select all clips, right-click and select "crop". This will create individual files in the Project's folder > Samples > Processed > Crop
The only problem with this method is that it won't render any effect applied on your track, so if you need this you should first bounce the whole thing, then cut it, and then crop.
Ableton Forum Moderator

pottering

Re: Batch Exporting many Audio Clips of one Track - Automation possible?

Post by pottering » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:07 pm

You can Freeze > Flatten > Crop Clips for having FX applied.

Can either simply Undo those steps, or maybe do them with a saved 2nd copy for extra safety.
♥♥♥