it used to be possible to determine which plugin is crashing Live while loading a set

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sau6on

it used to be possible to determine which plugin is crashing Live while loading a set

Post by Sau6on » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:40 pm

reading the info in the log

it seems that it has changed!

why?

is there a way to decode the crash "dumps" now that the info is not avail. anymore in the Log.txt file (on pc)

ANECHOIC SHOCK

Re: it used to be possible to determine which plugin is crashing Live while loading a set

Post by ANECHOIC SHOCK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:54 pm

Do you have an example of what you are talking about specifically? E.g. PluginScanner.txt from Live 10 vs Live 11, or is it a difference in the crash logs that you are talking about, or just the 'log'?

I'll assist if I can. Or else I'll just learn. Starting with some M4L devices in my (then) default set, and then a complimentary "gift" copy of sonivox Big Bang 2 drums that kept popping up in my crash dumps no matter how hard I tried to scrub it from my system, I basically abandoned Live 10. ...I could keep going up until the present day, but let's just say my life with Live has been 1 giant crash since probably Jan 2021.

I'd be surprised if I've gotten 24 whole hours of production done since then.

Sau6on

Re: it used to be possible to determine which plugin is crashing Live while loading a set

Post by Sau6on » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:24 pm

Do you have an example of what you are talking about specifically?
User launches L11.6

User starts loading a project

Live crashes and create a bunch of documents to send to the devs (crash dumps) that are unreadable by user

User is fucked cause he can't figure out by himself the culprit plugin that maybe crashing his set on load. Obviously, user doesn't want to depend on devs that reasonably don't have time to address individual crashes for everybody. User understands! But user wants to be able to sort that shit out by himself ;)

Prior to Live 11, user was able to isolate culprit plugins by reading the Log.txt file, in plain english.