audio threads not running at the correct priority level

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JustJero

audio threads not running at the correct priority level

Post by JustJero » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:09 am

So I'm punching my desk right now since this issue makes my sessions crash every goddamn time. i submitted this in the ableton live bug report but they say its a known issue without giving me a solution to prevent this. so I turn to the amazing Ableton community to ask for a miracle.

Everytime my session crashes I see this error before the crash:
could not categorize thread named 'AudioCalc' as 'Pro Audio'. (error 565 (0x00000235): Indicates a process has too many threads to perform the requested action. For example, assignment of a primary token may only be performed when a process has zero or one threads. )

(have a ryzen 5900x CPU)

queervision

Re: audio threads not running at the correct priority level

Post by queervision » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:11 am

I have a ryzen 7950x and had a similar warning in my crash log:
( 'AudioCalc' as 'Pro Audio'. (error 565 (0x00000235): Indicates a process has too many threads to perform the requested action. For example, assignment of a primary token may only be performed when a process has zero or one threads. )
In my case, my screen would brick or black out and freeze and I had to force restart my machine every time; so that pretty much gave me a clue that my problem was graphics card related. I checked my crash log again and found that the crash was actually related to the AMD Radeon graphics card. Since I have an Nvidia gpu, I disabled my AMD Radeon Display Driver and Ableton has stopped crashing so far.

If your issue is more so related to priority level, it looks like you can change it to a higher priority in Task Manager > Details > Right Click on Program of choice > Set Priority.

Hopefully this helps :|