Project file has disappeared from file folder

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Gli7cHy

Project file has disappeared from file folder

Post by Gli7cHy » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Sup everyone,

I moved out into a student house a few months ago. I did not and still don't feel comfortable taking my entire pc setup with me so I kept it at my parents. Still wanting to produce and what not I bought a laptop for on the road and in my new home. I bought google drive cloud storage with that, and basically linked everything related to ableton (yes including samples which I regret) to that cloud, so I could access all the files on my laptop.

Today I was working on a project which I *have* to finish, as this is a project for a friend. He is studying something music related and I have to release a song. This afternoon I worked on it for a bit, I saved the project, opened a new one as I had gotten some different ideas for something else and then closed ableton. Now I'm back to export what I have so far to show him, and the ableton file is greyed out in the "open file" toolbar. The .als file is also missing in the ableton cache folder, and I do not see a deleted folder in my google drive trash can.

What the f*** happened and how do I get my project back? There was no crash report, and ableton seemed to work just fine.

Follow up: While I wrote this post and was troubleshooting myself I searched for the file with the program "search everything". I found an .als.ink file and it thankfully opened the project, but all the progress I made today is not here. I also can't save the project and the project name is still grayed out in the file toolbar.

Edit: I just remembered. When I went to work on the last project, when I closed ableton it gave me no "do you want to save?" prompt and it automatically closed and saved to untitled.

MXSL

Re: Project file has disappeared from file folder

Post by MXSL » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:22 pm

Happend to me as well. It was the One Drive Folder which was selectet as the new default case.

All my recent projects are gone because I didnt buy enough Space from Microsoft I guess. But for real why would someone decide the One Drive Folder that gets emptied on a certain bases would be a good place to those Projects eludes me.