Are there some setting(s) that tell Ableton to NOT modify my files?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mlbex

Are there some setting(s) that tell Ableton to NOT modify my files?

Post by mlbex » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:49 pm

I'm looking for a global setting or group of settings to instruct Ableton to *leave my sound alone* and not process the pitch, timing, or anything else unless I specifically ask it to. All I want to do is stack a bunch of acoustic tracks, put on a bit of EQ and (maybe) a slight echo... that's all.

(I'm using Ableton Live Lite, if that matters. I already know how to add clips for the EQ and echo)

Thanks, mlbex

pottering

Re: Are there some setting(s) that tell Ableton to NOT modify my files?

Post by pottering » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:57 pm

You may be talking about "Auto Warp Long Samples" option, that can be disabled in menu Preferences > Record Warp Launch tab.

Live never modifies source files, changes are real-time or done to a new copy of the file, Warping is a real-time process, it is calculated real-time every time you press play (just like a reverb plugin or such).
♥♥♥

mlbex

Post by mlbex » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:33 am

When I import .WAV files it modifies the heck out of them. It changes the timing and it erases the quiet part at the beginning where I whisper "a one, a two a three, a four..." then start playing. I would like it to quit doing that and import it with the exact same timing and start points.

The source .WAV and Ableton are both set to 48000 Hz sampling rate.

Mlbex

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:02 pm

Deactivate the option Pottering mentioned.
Also, when you double-click a clip, the "detailed clip view" panel opens up at the bottom of the screen; here you'll find a button called "Warp" that you need to turn off.
Ableton Forum Moderator