hitting "stop" effects plugin parameters/automation?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bobbyduracel

hitting "stop" effects plugin parameters/automation?

Post by bobbyduracel » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:43 pm

Every time I hit the stop button, the indicator lights up to inform me that I need to re-enable all automation... and unfortunately the parameter the stop button is somehow affecting is the cutoff freq of my Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol synths... like... multiple instances all at once.

So, I hit "stop" and if I do not click the orange arrow up top before hitting play again, the synths will all be muted... bc nothing is getting past 30hz.

This is new behavior which started after updating to 11.2 and saving projects under the 11.2 tag... also, I am unable to edit my collections, add "color" tags to any plugins... and when I open the project browser to the left, I do not have the ability to drill down into a project and select individual tracks, for example. This is all very strange. My setup was FLAWLESS until this week. I updated my Komplete system to 14 and updated live to 11.2, and now it's all wonky. The stop/play command has this issue whether I use my push2, my keyboard on the MacBook Pro (space bar), the space bar on my bluetooth keyboard, or even tapping the stop button with my mouse pointer/track pad. This is so weird... any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am quickly discovering that KK makes up about 70% of the Midi tracks on my current projects, so this issue is killing me!
#livefullycharged

pottering

Re: hitting "stop" effects plugin parameters/automation?

Post by pottering » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:26 pm

The Undo in menu > Edit should show what was the last change that toggled the Re-enable Automation switch, that should help finding what is the problematic plugin.
♥♥♥