Vocal doubler plugin audio skips

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
prafullashahi

Vocal doubler plugin audio skips

Post by prafullashahi » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:12 am

Hello all, I've been using ableton live lite for a few weeks now, was exploring some free plugins and really liked this Vocal doubler from izotope (https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vocal-doubler.html). I applied the effect to my vocals am also using envelope filters to kind of modify the amount of this effect over the different sections/clips of my vocal track..
I observed that during playback either from session view or after exporting as an mp3, the vocal track audio sometimes just cuts out randomly for a few seconds and comes back. It doesn't happen at the same position all the time, but almost always happens once every minute. When I disable the vocal doubler effect, I don't see the issue.

Any ideas on why this would happen?
If needed I can add my track here for everyone to listen, but it's basically just my vocal cutting out for a few seconds and then coming back. All other tracks are consistent and have no issues in the final mp3 export.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Vocal doubler plugin audio skips

Post by [jur] » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:50 am

Demo version of the plugin?
Ableton Forum Moderator

dougdi

Re: Vocal doubler plugin audio skips

Post by dougdi » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:24 am

I believe that’s a free plugin. It works fine in 11.1, OS X 13.6 for me. Maybe increase latency?
Doug