Pedal stays on during playback and recording

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
whitemagic

Pedal stays on during playback and recording

Post by whitemagic » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:52 pm

Hi all,

When you playback a piece and stop playing when the pedal is still on, then start playback or start exporting an audio, where the piece starts without pedal, the pedal is actually ON (when it is supposed to be not) or a glitchy sound is created...

The way to stop this is to playback at a point where the pedal goes form on to off, THEN export the audio, in order to not have the pedal on at the start or to have this glitchy noise.

Similarly, if you playback a piece and stop where the pedal is still on, then play on the keyboard without pedal, the pedal is still on...

Is this normal behaviour with DAWs?

Thanks for any info.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Pedal stays on during playback and recording

Post by [jur] » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:02 pm

Which "pedal" are you talking about?
Ableton Forum Moderator

whitemagic

Post by whitemagic » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:49 am

The sustain pedal for piano

SchallBingo93

Post by SchallBingo93 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:20 pm

Hey whitemagic,
I actually experience a similar bug at the moment. No DAW's are not supposed to act like that. In my case the pedal also gets stuck not only during export, but also during playback. At some point it just kicks in and then stays on forever (or until I press and release the sustain pedal). I even deleted all sustain pedal automation (Piano Roll > envelopes > midi CC 64 or so), but the bug still occurs. I sent a support request to Ableton yesterday, let's see if they can help.
regards!