Help-Over recorded input audio tracks while playing over backing tracks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kenzo97

Help-Over recorded input audio tracks while playing over backing tracks

Post by Kenzo97 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:54 pm

Hello guys! I'm new in ableton but i didn't have major problems till now into recording. I explain my problem.
i was trying to record a guitar solo over a backing track that was playing in ableton. I created obv separated channels: 1 was playing the backing track, channel 2 is recording my guitar.
The real problem is that once i recorded my input and i play it back, i can hear that MY GUITAR CHANNEL recorded the backing track channel too. If i mute the backing track channel i can hear it into my guitar channel background, like it become one track.I tried multiple settings in in/out and nothing changed. I tried to search on forums but nothing came up.

I'm recording through a Profx6, idk if it's the audio card the problem but i'm thinking about to buy a scarlett solo. Should i have the same problem? Someone had my problem? Thanks for help guys!

pottering

Re: Help-Over recorded input audio tracks while playing over backing tracks

Post by pottering » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:07 pm

That's usually a mic picking up the speaker monitor's output, solved by using a headphone to monitor.

Otherwise you got to doublecheck the settings everywhere.

Live doesn't mix anything before the Track inputs.
♥♥♥

Kenzo97

Post by Kenzo97 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:00 pm

pottering wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:07 pm
That's usually a mic picking up the speaker monitor's output, solved by using a headphone to monitor.

Otherwise you got to doublecheck the settings everywhere.

Live doesn't mix anything before the Track inputs.
So i should play guitar in headphones and then listen to it throught monitor?

pottering

Post by pottering » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:23 pm

That should work, but you still could have a feedback loop in an Audio Track with monitoring on. Ideally the mic should never pick up the monitor speakers.
♥♥♥