Multiple Detail Views

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dasleben_istschoen

Multiple Detail Views

Post by dasleben_istschoen » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:45 pm

Hi,

how can see the detail views of 2 tracks at the same time?

I've tried session and arrangement view but no one lets me see multiple plugin detail views.

I use 2 tracks to do a live loop of my vocals while playing pano. I trigger the commands with an AKAI Midimix (that controller does not have any display). As my handy are mostly busy playing the piano, I cannot switch back and forth each track's detail view, to make sure that the loops are in recording modus/just looping/clear/etc.. (I use the 1 Bar Phrase plugin).

Is there any way to see thee plugin's details of two tracks, thus of those two tracks with each one "1 Bar Phrase"-loop plugin?

Most midi controllers with displays are quite expensive, but even if I invested in one, I have not yet noticed, that those advanced daw / midi controllers let you see the exact details of the ongoing plugins of multiple tracks at the same time...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for any advice, am grateful for any step I can get closer to a solution here...

Anina

Greenapples2019

Re: Multiple Detail Views

Post by Greenapples2019 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:18 pm

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but in Preferences > Plug Ins there's an option to have multiple plug in windows open.

dasleben_istschoen

Post by dasleben_istschoen » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:28 pm

That option is already checked as "on". Is there a trick to show the plug-ins of multiple tracks? Does this only work with multiple screens or so?

If I select e.g. two tracks, it still only shows the plug-in list of one track...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:34 pm

There my be a M4L device that helps with this, but by default in Live you can only view the plug ins from track at a time.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com