999 bpm Tempo bug

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Calverhall

999 bpm Tempo bug

Post by Calverhall » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:49 pm

Recently, I've found the tempo of Ableton jumping to 999 bpm, and not letting me change it whilst Ableton is playing. This seem to happen when other equipment is involved. I can't remember what happened last time but this time I was trying to send a midi clip to a Minilogue keyboard, it sends fine but for some reason it makes the tempo jump to 999bpm and won't let me slow it back down. Oddly, if I un route the MIDI channel and play the same MIDI clip, it doesn't change the tempo, in todays setup it only happens when the MIDI is routed out to the Minilogue.

As I say I have noticed this happen before recently but then it was probably related to either a setup with an ES-9 and modular CV or it was via IDAM with an iPad Pro (2nd or 1st Gen). I cannot fully remember. This time however I am using the above mentioned setup, with the Minilogue MIDI connected via the USB hub on the Audiofuse.

M1Pro MacBook with Ventura. I have the latest 11.2.6.3.1 Ableton Live installed, running native (though sometimes I use Rozetta for un native compatible plugins.)