Preset saving for fxb-enabled plugins?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DerKastellan

Preset saving for fxb-enabled plugins?

Post by DerKastellan » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi,

I wanted to use Live's file and preset organization to actually help me keep track of my favorite presets better.

For most plug-ins that's fine... but some support .fxb files and then somehow I can't create a Live preset for them? I can store such a .fxb file, but even if I store it in a folder where I have Live presets, it won't show up.

Example: Guitar Rig 6 Pro. Love myself the presets, but inside the plug-in you can only mark presets by colors. I'd rather have them sorted by which guitar I think they sound good on. The colors aren't even representative of common guitar colors (no white or black options at all), I'd rather have folders named after the actual guitars I use them on. But Live + GR6 together only seems to default to storing .fxb files...

Is there a way of still doing this? I'd rather have Live's scheme where I can click/drag from Ableton's User Library tree. (Or similar.)

Thank you.

DerKastellan

Re: Preset saving for fxb-enabled plugins?

Post by DerKastellan » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Ah, after looking around further, I see this is generally not possible with VST2 plug-ins.... never mind then.