Mac compatibility - video processing issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
puszek

Mac compatibility - video processing issue

Post by puszek » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:25 pm

Hi ;)

Recently i bought new Mac Pro - 2021 , m1 max, MacOS Monterey 12.5, Ableton version - 11.2.6 universal. At the beginning i had problems with workflow in ableton - dragging random sample on random timeline position took about 1 - 1,5 sec... I opened up ableton via rosetta and it helped a lot, but i still struggle with video window - like it need about 2 sec to load the video on screen, tho the timeline cursor runs and then im totally lost. ITS HORRIBLE ... super super problematic for me as sound designer who works with video in ableton every single day... ;( previously i worked on old 13 inch 2017 intel mac with low specs and it was flawless in video processing in abl comparing to current situation ;( any ideas? ;) thanks in advance. 8O

puszek

Re: Mac compatibility - video processing issue

Post by puszek » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:30 pm

update: SOLVED. Updating to MacOs Ventura and unchecking rosetta solved the problem

Pitch Black

Re: Mac compatibility - video processing issue

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:42 pm

Curious to know what you think the issue might have been? The Ventura update improved a certain video codec compatibility maybe?

Asking cos I’ve haven’t had any video problems on an M1Max MBP for the last 12 months.
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud