Keyboard Commands for Selections Don't Work

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Is multiselect a problem for you?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 2

DraNard

Keyboard Commands for Selections Don't Work

Post by DraNard » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:48 am

I've searched the web and Ableton forums and it appears this is something that's been missing from Ableton since 2008...

Let me clarify, it's not missing and it's in the manual Section 36.14 https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/live- ... shortcuts/

However, the keyboard shortcut isn't implemented correctly:
Click to Add Nonadjacent Clips/Tracks/Scenes to a Multi-Selection: CTRL(Windows) | CMD(Mac)
Instead when you use the shortcut it adds only adjacent Clips/Tracks/Scenes to a Multi-Select.

I recently came from Logic and i choose Ableton because the workflow is much faster for me. Logic just had wayyyy too many options and details when it comes to production. But when it comes to editing and mixing, Ableton clearly isn't taking the logical actions to fix this tiny bug that's existed for so long.

Please show the community that you guys care. This literally doesn't work the way you said it does in the manual and it's driving everyone wild for over a decade! I just got here and it's driving me wild.

Let's get this in the next update...

(I've included a poll to hopefully gain enough traction to show developers this is a serious issue)