(Solved with reinstall) No audio from any audio input at all on Mac (not the mic setting in MacOS).

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Guijou

(Solved with reinstall) No audio from any audio input at all on Mac (not the mic setting in MacOS).

Post by Guijou » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:09 am

Hi everyone!

EDIT WITH RADICAL SOLUTION : I reinstalled Ableton and audio was back… 👌

I’m using Ableton for few days now, I made a session to record both MIDI and audio coming from my OP-Z.

The problem is that I have no problem getting MIDI from all tracks, but I have no audio input at all through USB, and not only from my OP-Z but from any audio input I could find too.
I tried my MacBook Pro (Intel 2020) internal mic, my OP-Z through USB-C (different cables and ports), my UA Volt 176 audio interface with a MicroFreak and a guitar as well…
Nothing gave me signal in an audio track on Ableton, while it’s working perfectly in Logic on the same computer.

Of course I set everything properly in the audio settings (and watched a ton of videos where audio works in Ableton with OP-Z through USB), but as the problem is the same with any audio source, not only the OP-Z…

I also triple checked (on and off and again) allowing Ableton accessing the microphone in MacOS settings, restarted computer…

On the audio track I tried an audio track only with no other tracks, monitoring on auto or ON, track isn’t muted, track is active for recording…

I’ve tried everything I could think of or find on the internet, but still no green level light are showing with any audio source on my Ableton audio tracks.

Please help!! 🙏
Thanks a lot! ^^

Guillaume