my first use - problem with suond

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
andyhue

my first use - problem with suond

Post by andyhue » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Hallo,
ich verzweifele... :cry:
Wenn ich eine .wav oder ein .wav sample in Ableton 11 lite importiere und dann abspiele, wird es rückelig abgespielt. Es klingt wir überlagert als ob kurze hohe Töne zusätzlich eingefügt wurden. Es muss etwas mit den Audio-einstellungen zu tun haben (glaube ich). Kann ich hier im Forum eine Audio Datei einfügen? Dann zeige ich es. Die .wav mit dem VLC-Player abgespielt klingt normal - kein Problem. Datei im Ableton abgespielt => ruckeliger Sound.
Treiberupdate habe ich komplett gemacht. Ableton neu installieren hat auch nichts gebracht. Sample-Rate und Buffer-Size habe ich geändert => keine Verbesserung.

PC: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz; 16 GB RAM
Audio über: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Freue mich über Hilfe !!!
Andreas

RobrechtV

Re: my first use - problem with suond

Post by RobrechtV » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:12 am

Hi, maybe your samples are automatically warped by Live to make them fit the tempo of your project.

When you select the sample, at the bottom of the screen, you should see the details of that clip. If not, click the area circled in red.

If the Warp button (circled in blue) is yellow, click it to deactivate it. Does that help?

If you want to leave Warp turned on to make the sample follow your project's tempo, here are some things you can try.
* Make sure the project you import the sample into has a tempo that is not too far from the original BPM of the sample.
* Use a warp method that fits the sample material. In the menu under the warp button, you can select between Beats, Tones, Texture and Complex: one of those should sound good. (Or Re-Pitch, but that will change the pitch of the sample along with the timing.)

andyhue

Post by andyhue » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:00 pm

:D YEEEES !! This is the solution. Thanks you very much.
It's exactly like you wrote. The "WRAP" buttom off an it works . :lol:

###
RobrechtV wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:12 am
Hi, maybe your samples are automatically warped by Live to make them fit the tempo of your project.

When you select the sample, at the bottom of the screen, you should see the details of that clip. If not, click the area circled in red.

If the Warp button (circled in blue) is yellow, click it to deactivate it. Does that help?

If you want to leave Warp turned on to make the sample follow your project's tempo, here are some things you can try.
* Make sure the project you import the sample into has a tempo that is not too far from the original BPM of the sample.
* Use a warp method that fits the sample material. In the menu under the warp button, you can select between Beats, Tones, Texture and Complex: one of those should sound good. (Or Re-Pitch, but that will change the pitch of the sample along with the timing.)

RobrechtV

Post by RobrechtV » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:14 pm

Woohoo! :D