MPE with arturia V-collection not working

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
grrrz

MPE with arturia V-collection not working

Post by grrrz » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 pm

what's in the title; I tried every MPE ready synth from the V-collection with a clip with MPE information ( (with something affected to slide/pressure in each case); it doesn't register anything. Pigments works fine.
At first I wanted to try my microfreak which is poly aftertouch; and it works in those situation without MPE (yet poly aftertouch and MPE aftertouch are one and the same inside ableton). I'm wondering if other tried it because it seems there's something faulty on their end or some incompatibility between live and those.

yur2die4

Re: MPE with arturia V-collection not working

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:14 pm

Could be a number of factors. I think the two main ones are to make sure to turn it on in the preferences within the plug-in, and also turning it on by right-clicking the device on the channel within Live’s GUI to make sure MPE is on for that device.

Beyond that, it could be a number of other possibilities. But those are the first two I check.

grrrz

Re: MPE with arturia V-collection not working

Post by grrrz » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:30 pm

yur2die4 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:14 pm
Could be a number of factors. I think the two main ones are to make sure to turn it on in the preferences within the plug-in, and also turning it on by right-clicking the device on the channel within Live’s GUI to make sure MPE is on for that device.

Beyond that, it could be a number of other possibilities. But those are the first two I check.
ah! of course I activated it inside the plug in but there was a hidden switch in live; thank you; there was absolutely no way to know this and no mention of it in the MPE help page from ableton. sneaky. The worst is it's on by default for pigments and off by default for all the other. so now I know.