Mods: Fix site for Safari, please!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Mods: Fix site for Safari, please!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:24 pm

To the forum moderators: the forum is unreadable in Apple's Safari browser, which is becoming widely used and uses a very standards-compliant HTML rendering engine. The background of every post is solid black when viewing a topic in Safari, making the black text on top of it unreadable. Please fix this, thanks!

jdg

Post by jdg » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:06 pm

what about any other phpbb2 sites? they all like this

( i don't have safarri yet at home.. )

http://www.phpbb.com
www.google.com

best website ever

rudy rad

Post by rudy rad » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:53 pm

yes it's a bit annoying, what i do when using safari on these boards is a select all of the text (command - a) then the text is highlighted and i'm able to read it.

tjwett not logged

Post by tjwett not logged » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:16 pm

ha ha. that's what i do too. it's annoying though.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:50 am

yes please!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:59 am

Uh, still no fix mods?!

geargasm

Post by geargasm » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:41 am

Check the thread in the bugs forum. This is really old, I complained about it when I was using Konqueror, which is a linux browser that is based on KHTML, the same engine Safari is.

Do yourself and everyone using Safari a favor. Click the little bug and report it to Apple. There are a lot of phpbb sites that have the same problem, it'd be better if Apple fixed it rather than Ableton, because it would:

1. Make Ableton fix the boards everytime they upgraded phpbb for bug fixes, feature enhancements, etc.

2. Make every other phpbb site on earth work right.

There's a lot of things Safari doesn't do right now. For example, try the Javascript menus at http://www.em411.com. You'll also notice that the table layout is less than perfect there.

Safari may be standards based, but every web browser is. Don't get me wrong, KHTML is awesome (along with the entire KDE project, check out ARTS sometime), but it's far from perfect. That's why you have the little bug submission button in your browser. Safari is beta software, I'm sure annoyances like this will be fixed come version 1.0.

COME AGAIN SELECTAH!!!!

- Mike
I am the bumpitron.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:27 pm

But it's not only Safari... I get the same result using OmniWeb 4.1 on Os X. I believe it may be a broken CSS implementation.

I guess I'll just keep highlighting all the text before reading it...

Best,

Logicat

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:58 pm

I agree... better to fix safari than the ableton site... (assuming the bug really is in the Safari/KHTML rendering engine)...

I still use Chimera for a lot of my browsing... especially when I'm researching things, or site-bulding, the tabbed browsing in Chimera becomes invaluable...

and of course when coming HERE... :)

peace