AKAI question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Airbase

AKAI question

Post by Airbase » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:49 am

I've been dealing with AKAI for some time now, but as I recently switched from Reason to Ableton, I need to find a new way to work with AKAI Cds. With reason there is the brilliant tool Reload that converts all akai instruments on a akai cd to NN-XT patches. But now, with the wonderful world of Ableton Live and VSTs, whats the best way for me to make use of AKAI CDs. CDExtract seems like a nice tool, but still, it just extracts, or am I missing something? I just want to be able to extract whatever instruments are on the AKAIs I have and use them in my music, either it be instruments needing to be played or FX and others just needing to be triggered.

So, help apprechiated! How do you do with your AKAIs?

// Jezper
Long Live Live.

mood

Post by mood » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:23 pm

I have a hardrive full of samples taken from akai cds through native instruments kontakt 2 in my opinion its the best sampler and ive used a few and the filters are similar to those on emagics exs24 which i always loved but couldn't use at home cause i have pc not mac. Kontakt is eay to use as well i just mount my akai cds on an image drive in either alcohol or nero open kontakt which reads the image then extract the samples to folders on my hardrive and make music!

CDExtraxt as far as i know just reads akai and extracts the sounds for use in samplers etc i think it can be quite useful if you want to organise all your samples on one drive and have alot of say akai cds to extract samples from but kontakt does all that for u anyway.

I don't know if kontakt works in live 5? some1 here will know

bassntreble

Post by bassntreble » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:20 pm

rewire reason into live and tweek the audio in live....done and done.