OSX

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
damion

OSX

Post by damion » Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:07 pm

I've been trying out both the preview (1.1 Demo Version) and the beta (1.1b1).
I'm running OS 10.1.2 on my G4 550 Powerbook.
The program is pretty cool, but I have a few issues:

I've used both a Roland UA-30 (USB interface)and a Griffin iMic (USB interface) and niether of them are recognized by Live as input sources, or two of them show up in the Audio Preferences Panel(it seems as though Live recognizes each device as two separate devices - one for input, one for output) and wont let me select one as an input (or doesn't allow use of devices with only inputs ???).

In any case, I'm just trying to find an interface that can do both in and out simultaneously with my configuration.

Any known solutions?

Also, I haven't been able to do any VST or Rewire. Are there there OSX issues with these features?

I'll seriously consider buying this product if only I can get it to do what I need.

twelve

I am using an iMic config

Post by twelve » Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:25 pm

I am using the iMic with Live and it recognizes both the input and output. I did have problems setting up the iMic with my G4QS, I am running OS 9.2. Make sure all the latest updates and Asio drivers have been downloaded from the griffin website. Also, I needed a mixer to get set up properly as well and avoid noticable latency. I am now a happy camper. Also, VST plugins work great.

12 :D

damion

Re: I am using an iMic config

Post by damion » Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:26 am

thanks, that's good to know, but my problem is with the OSX version...there's no Sound Manager or ASIO in OS 10.

thegreatsoprendo

OS X & iMic

Post by thegreatsoprendo » Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:40 am

I am having the same problem with the iMic and the OS X version of Live. It sees it as a 0 input, 2 output device. I had similar trouble with Spark le until TC posted an update on their website which solved it, so I guess this can't be fixed without a similar update - maybe version 1.5 will sort it. still works fine in 9...

Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:26 am

Did anyone find a fix yet? I am very interested in buying Live but not until there are OSX compatible soundcards for powerbooks.
It seems like there are still not enough pieces for the OSX puzzle yet.

SongCarver

Post by SongCarver » Sun Mar 24, 2002 9:33 pm

I have been watching the OS X 'story' for some time.

I run Live on OS X and am waiting for tascam to ship drivers for their US-428. They tell me that tascam and ableton are working together on drivers for LIVE as well.

I expect to see the drivers available in April.... and there will probably be a stack of others released at the same time.

My concern is that these companies take advantage of the build in audio routing of OS X, which offers really low latency, support for multiple devices for any combination of programs and BUILT IN VST fx etc..

Apple says they included a reverb and a sample rate convertor in X but I cant find it... anyone??

I can't imagine running on OS 9. Personally I would always be sweating just a little for fear of a crash in performance. Many people do, but maybe they're braver.