Newbie question about purchase

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djk

Newbie question about purchase

Post by djk » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:53 am

Sorry for asking an obvious question. After a lot of soul searching, I decided on Live 5.0 over PT M-Powered (might get PT in the future). I ordered Live last week from Audiomidi (seemed like nice guys, btw) along with a Trigger Finger. I can't wait to get started.

In the meantime, I was playing around with a version of Lite that I had on my computer. For kicks, I checked the price for the full version through the program's upgrade feature. Says its about $250 or $280 for the upgrade. Am I missing something? I am going to buy online now and just return the delivery when it comes?

I just want to make sure I'm not hallucinating? Seems too good to be true...

Wow, I can't wait to get started making music with Live so that I can begin asking some "real" questions.

Thanks!
Last edited by djk on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SethAbare

Re: Newbie question about purchase

Post by SethAbare » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:59 am

djk wrote: In the meantime, I was playing around with a version of Lite that I had on my computer. For kicks, I checked the price for the full version. Says its about $250 or $280 for the upgrade. Am I missing something? I am going to buy online now and just return the delivery when it comes?

I just want to make sure I'm not hallucinating? Seems too good to be true...
I paid 300,000 won (295$) from a redistributer in south korea for 4.0, and a free upgrade to 5.01. Your price seems about right, but I have heard of people paying almost 400$ for it from the site.

Anyway welcome to live, probably one of the easiest to use tools available with almost all the features of the professional trackers. At about 1/3rd the price apperantly :)
splashtunes.com