Ableton Conversion Question....For the Guru's

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thesounddisciples

Ableton Conversion Question....For the Guru's

Post by thesounddisciples » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:26 pm

Can you pull an Ableton project up in Pro-tools? If so how do I do this, what is the procedure? I'm trying to convert one of my songs to a pro-tools file so that I can send it to the studio.

Thanks in advance for your support

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:29 pm

Resample or render your tracks

bassntreble

Post by bassntreble » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:25 pm

there are a few ways to do this depending on what you want to send the studio and wheather you own protools or not. The methods below assume you are delivering raw tracks (no aux FX used) to the PT studio.

The easiest and most reliable way is to rewire the tracks from ableton into protools and record a few tracks at a time in PT.

you could also use the method posted here:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24381

If you have tracks where the aux effect is an integral part of the sound, I would recommend rendering the track from the 1st bar to the end so you could just drop it into a protools session at bar 1 and it'll lock into everything else.

A couple of things to keep in mind when you are delivering tracks to the protools studio:

1-make sure all of your files start at the same bar no matter where the audio actually appears in the arrangement, preferably bar 1.

2-take good notes to the PT engineer. Tempo info, sample rate and depth, filetype, lany latencies due to plugins, the more info the better.

If i think of anything else i'll post..gotta run and make breakfast for the wife...

hope this helps...