How is your scene?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Living_Fiction

Post by Living_Fiction » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:01 pm

FORMAT wrote:
sqook wrote:I recently moved to Berlin from the US, but still don't have a good feel for the scene here. People here party much harder than back in the states (christ, the parties go on until 8-9am the next day... insanity).

And as much as I love techno, it seems to be rather passé here. Although it's certainly prevalent in clubs and festivals, I get the impression that it's not nearly as popular here as it used to be ~3-5 years ago. On the contrary, there seems to be a thriving minimal techno scene, and there's a lot of great minimal clubs around the city (or so I've heard; I've only been to a few so far).

And PS, if there's any Berliners out there that want to go clubbing, PM me! I'd love to see what good clubs/bars are out there! :)
Interesting--- Berlin has got a very huge, varied scene unlike anywhere else... the capital of electronica so to speak. Major artists are based there (Pole, Apparat, Jamie Lidell to name a few), and incredible labels (scape, bpitch, staubgold....), wonderful clubs (wmf, rosis, watergate, rio)....

So yeah, I come to Berlin quite often, if you'd like to meet, I'm up for it.
Berlin sounds awesome...I should move there in a year or so.

Shoma

Post by Shoma » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:40 am

here in Dortmund its all house nowadays

forge

Post by forge » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:23 am

kabuki wrote:North side (a street/area, not a specific bar) in Fort Worth by the Stock Yards. Tons of good, OLD SCHOOL country - not just the new Nashville Pop that makes me want to move away. But this is texas, So you will never get away from AC/DC or Stevie Ray Vaugn
how proud that makes me feel that AC/DC has carried the Australian flag all the way to fort worth, Texas.

Still not that sure how the Brisbane scene is here - hardly get to go out these days - and when i did in "the Valley" there was not very inspiring electro and horrible hard house in the 2 places I went, but I do get the feeling there's a bit going on here.

One of the most surprising nights out I've had out in recent times was in Hobart, Tasmania at a club called.....erm...something starting with M I think, but the music was house and good, and the vibe was good too I had a great night and good pills which is sooo not how I remember Hobart last I was there.

Carl Cox visited a few years ago and convinced alot of people who were previously uninitiated and I come back 5 or 6 years later and they've taken it on board.

I even tuned into Proton radio not long ago and there just happened to be a set streaming from a US Dj in Hobart. So maybe the cold climate is breeding something.

It was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced to speak to a DJ/Club owner there who knew one of my tunes! all the way from London.

atmofunk

Post by atmofunk » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:32 pm

There's always been a producer's scene in Vancouver for sure -- just seems that for the most part nobody does anything with their tracks...

I call it a lack of labels/money/support for such things in the city. It's getting better tho!