This shit rocks!!! (goodbye dualboot)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
louZ

This shit rocks!!! (goodbye dualboot)

Post by louZ » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:10 am

Hi!

Just wanted to share this fantastic looking app with all the folks annoyed by dualboot hassles or by family members f'ing up their PC's.
Check this out:

http://www.hyperossystems.co.uk/

Best invention ever :D
Can't wait to try it out!
Windows XP, P4 2.4Ghz, 2 x 250Gb 7200rpm, 1Gb DDRAM, M-Audio Delta 66 + Omni i/o

louZ

Post by louZ » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:20 am

For the lazy clickers here's some info from the cheapest version (download for $73.99):
HyperOs OneClick gives you 2 or more PC's in 1 box.

OneClick actually clones the system that you are in! This has hitherto been believed to be impossible. Fully automated installation, just double click the install icon.

A Windows system just for the net
A personal Windows system for every member of the family
A dedicated Windows system just for Graphics Music or Games
A secure mission critical Windows system for business
A sacrificial Windows system for testing software
A backup Windows system, just in case

Backup and restore whole Windows systems in seconds, without losing your data

Return any of your new Windows systems to its original virgin condition in seconds

Swap to any Windows system with a double click

Dedicated Internet System:
Every Windows system connected to the net needs anti-virus, firewall, anti-zombie and anti-pop-up software just to keep it usable. But why install all this military might in your mission critical Windows system? Why risk an Internet connection in that system at all? It is much safer to fight this war in an entirely separate Windows system dedicated to the net. Then if you lose the battle in your net system you won’t loose the war in your main system.

Solve Every Software Problem With OneClick:
Have you ever installed a new piece of software and followed instructions to the letter only to find that everything goes to hell including the uninstall? Well with “HyperOs OneClick” a perfect system is only seconds away. You can solve any software problem with a few mouse clicks, without calling technical support. “HyperOs OneClick” just swaps you into the next Windows system.

Give your big application its very own Windows:
If you’re big on Graphics, Music, Video Editing or Games, then you will know that installing a whole bunch of other apps in the same system as your big app will kill your PC’s performance. Your brand new wiz-bang PC will end up running like British Rail in autumn. Give that big app its own system and “HyperOs OneClick” will swap you in or out of this system in seconds. Then you will have some chance of actually achieving the benchmarks quoted in the PC magazines for this app.

The Family PC:
Give every member of the family their own Windows system in the family’s PC. Then dad will not have to put up with his daughter’s purple screensaver any more! Everyone in the family can have their own wallpaper, colour theme, hardware drivers, applications, settings, Internet account and favourites. Whatever one family member does with his Windows system will not affect anyone else’s Windows system.

Limitless Power:

Yes, you can buy a CDROM drive that reads and writes a few times faster than normal. Yes, you can install a graphics card that renders a few millions pixels per second more than the average. Yes, you can buy a processor that runs a few Megahertz faster than the one available last week. But all of these minor and incremental power increases are negligible when compared to having several more virgin Windows systems literally at your disposal. HyperOs OneClick gives you up to three more Windows systems! So you can have 3 more Ferraris in your garage. Each one can be fitted out perfectly for its main purpose rather than being an overloaded compromise. If you want performance, the first place to look is Windows itself.
The more expensive version is even cooler!
Windows XP, P4 2.4Ghz, 2 x 250Gb 7200rpm, 1Gb DDRAM, M-Audio Delta 66 + Omni i/o

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:07 am

sounds cool, have you used it yet?

deepdirtydub

Post by deepdirtydub » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:32 am

well ... i'm interested!

louZ

Post by louZ » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:39 am

Komplex wrote:sounds cool, have you used it yet?
Nope, still downloading a 'trial version'...

I was getting tired of always rebooting when changing from music OS to regular OS and I had just decided to do a fresh install (needed one anyway) with only one instance of XP. Now it looks like I can keep the music XP clean after all! Very happy 8)

atomic

Post by atomic » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:58 am

thanks for the link!
ABIT NF7+AMDXP@2500, RME Multiface, TC Powercore Element+Virus, UAD-1, Nord Lead2, Reason2.5, impOSCar, Microtonic, Reaktor5 and some other stuff...

louZ

Post by louZ » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:27 am

very welcome :)

Living_Fiction

Post by Living_Fiction » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:23 am

Whoa! That HDD looks amazing...I'll have to give one a whirl!

MrSleep

Post by MrSleep » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:09 am

is it possible to stay logged on the internet os while making a switch to music os without being logged of from internet os?
i hope it can.. 8O
hurry up.... mr squigle....

Shoma

Post by Shoma » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:53 am

Aww...its always good to have your own PERSONAL computer 8)

louZ

Post by louZ » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:15 pm

MrSleep wrote:is it possible to stay logged on the internet os while making a switch to music os without being logged of from internet os?
i hope it can.. 8O
You wanna download on one part of the HDD and use apps at the same time on another part? Wouldn't that kill performance? Or are you thinking multiple HDD's for multiple OS's?

Once I get it all installed, I'll let you know if it works. Kinda short in time at the moment :(

DJRetard

Post by DJRetard » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:36 pm

I thought the Hyper drive was interesting. Wonder if that could be taken advantge of when using live?

Tuur

Post by Tuur » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:45 am

Hmmmm....

WinXP and OSX on one notebook...

:D