better than OXYGEN?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
m-laboratories.net

better than OXYGEN?

Post by m-laboratories.net » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:22 pm

8 knobs, 8 faders, 9 assignable buttons, linear pitch and mod, AND ONLY $175. Anyone here have one of these?

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/pcr30.html

astromass

wow

Post by astromass » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:54 pm

not too damn shabby...i might have to ask satan, i mean santa, for one of these....especially since my oxy8 just ate shit...up and just quit working. grrrr..
thanks for the link.
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

al3x

Caveat

Post by al3x » Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:59 am

Just make sure you get one of the new versions, because the old logic board on these and the PCR-30s transmitted MIDI signals in increments of 3, making for jerky control on the knobs and sliders (see Harmony Central). But, apparently, the ones that have shipped recently transmit in increments of 1, fixing this issue. My only problem with the Edirols versus the Oxygen 8 is added size and weight, making them harder to fit into a courier bag, for example. But, not everyone has such issues. Enjoy!

astromass

Post by astromass » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:20 am

thx 4 the tip, al3x. yeah, increments of 3 would suck! actually, i couldve choked the designers of the oxy8 coz they didnt shave off all that damn useless plastic around the edges of the chassis.
i might just try out this edirol. seeya.
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

robtronik

Novation

Post by robtronik » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:37 am

I think that the new Novation controller is absolutely the best new controller out there now.

Have you guys seen that one? Its shipping next month.

:)

rob.

Justin

Novation Controller

Post by Justin » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:36 am

Re. The ReMote 25 controller, I emailed Novation asking about shipping dates etc, they also told me that a 49 key version is in the pipline for this year but no confirmed dates (probably Q4).

Stubby

Post by Stubby » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:05 pm

ok, I will blow your mind now.

there is also going to be released the remote 25 audio, which is also a firewire interface. no lies, the distributor here in california told me, he was pretty excited about it too.

I am waiting for that, and then i want the jlcooper cs32, after which i'll be all controlled out.

robtronik

well

Post by robtronik » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:54 pm

if that is a true, it will only be cool if there are 6 outs. And two ins....

Why?

Outs 1-4 would fit my need to have L&R channels (X2) for traktor, and then outs 5 and 6 would be the master outs for Live.

That's how I have my Motu 828 working right now (channeled through a Pioneer DJM-3000).

Then I I record my set on the fly from master out of the mixer back into the 828 1&2 Ins...

Very tight. If I could combine the audio card and controller then I would be a pretty happy camper. However, I've got it all wired up appropriately...a controller with audio ins and outs would mean that I would have to wire up everything at the show. That isn't very cool. Hmmmm....maybe this new audio/controller thing doesn't really apply to me.... hm.....

:)

Rob.

Stubby

Post by Stubby » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:01 am

well whether you go with the straight controller or firewire version, that remote 25 has got to be the kick as controller of the century. I don't even see how anybody could top that one, unless they made a much smaller version. I think there is a huge market for a controller like that but in a very small form factor, so that you could carry the controller, your laptop, and still have room in your bag for a couple o books. I use to have the oxy 8 and after putting that and my lappy in my bag i didn't have room for anything else.