All times are UTC

Post subject: portable mixing solutions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:24 am 

wondering what you guys are using for mixing from live!, live from your laptops????

Post subject: mixing from live
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:55 pm 
i just bring an RCA adapter to gigs and plug straight into a stereo line-level channel on the house DJ mixer.

(is that what you meant?-i may have misunderstood you.)

rs

Post subject: kind of
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:02 pm 
was wondering if anybody uses a smaller portable mixer prior to plugging into the house mixer and if so what brands and models1
cool.

Post subject: portable mixer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:14 pm 
I use the eurorack mx 1604--cheap and sounds good...on the other hand, I'm beginning to realize simple is best for live gigs. I have a motu 828, so a mixer is good for monitoring and external fx, but thats about it. A good midi control box is really all you need if yr not gonna use cueing or outboard fx. Or maybe I'm just not utilizing well enough for it to be totally neccesary.

Post subject: minimixer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:35 pm 
i have a tiny midiman 6ch X 2 mixer that's really handy. has panning and level for 6 inputs. great for adding a portable minidisc or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:33 am 

Not as portable as you may think, but this works really well:

Live on laptop sound out to Emagic EMI 2\6 on all 6 outs, into a mackie cfx12. 1 pair is master outs, one pair is slotted to the que bus and the last pair is for aux send to something like a sherman filterback :evil:
very nice for live sets....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:43 pm 
katmeho wrote:

Not as portable as you may think, but this works really well:

Live on laptop sound out to Emagic EMI 2\6 on all 6 outs, into a mackie cfx12. 1 pair is master outs, one pair is slotted to the que bus and the last pair is for aux send to something like a sherman filterback :evil:
very nice for live sets....

hi I was thinking of getting an Emagic EMI 2\6 - can you tell me a bit more about your set-up - ie. you have audio coming out of each of the 6 outputs using live???
many thanks

mark0 (UK) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:45 pm 

emi routing is as follows:
6 outs from the emi - all six hit my mackie cfx12, pair 1 is master out from live, pair 2 is routed out of live too, on bus 3/4 so that I have have tracks in live go to seperate outs, where I can then tweak them with the mackie aux send/returns into my sherman filterbank. 3rd pair is the monitoring sends out of live, which I can then listen too on my mackie mixer, so that my headphones for queing and master mix are on the same hardware (mackie) like a dj mixer que bus